Tuesday, May 1, 2007

pow!

I first saw these on Martha, and then on Jordan's blog. So I gave it a try a few weeks ago and was not happy with my ball (see middle). I went back to meet my challenge, and loved how the next one turned out! If they don't get squished, these on a smaller version would be perfect to hang in the trees at the reception. It definitely helps to really crease each fold and make the folds themselves not so big. These two blues would be pretty with navy and silver and ivory. I'll keep experimenting with different flower patterns.

4 comments:

f*bomb. said...

Your nimble little fingers really can't resist the sweat-shop angle, can they. After all- our people have been doing it for centuries...

julia said...

hahaaa. yes, this is true. korean's can't resist a good sitting on the floor girl talk craft session.

the good thing is that i can make them all here and carry them flat, so all we have to do is 'poof' them! just like that old 80's hair..

f*bomb. said...

Actually, I really do think they look quite enchanting hanging down like that- they really are sort of magical...Even if it does depend upon child labour.

rachel lee said...

That is such a cute idea. I affordable! I went to eat at a mexican place and they had huge colorful paper flowers everywhere. I loved it...