Monday, August 24, 2009

los angeles zoo

i have been wanting to go to the zoo for almost 3 years. any zoo, really. we finally went, and while we were so grateful for the free passes our friends gave us, i don't think we'll be buying the yearly pass when mango arrives. we'll stick with the san diego zoo. some of the attractions were great, (gorillas & sea otters) while others looked just sad - the hippo, black bears, and lions. smaller roaming areas, fake rocks for the hippo..while the gorillas lived with custom caves, a waterfall and real trees galore. sorry about cutting off my face. that's me 37 weeks pregnant, and after walking in 85 deg. weather for over 2 hrs, i just looked really tired pregnant, not happy pregnant. next time we'll shoot us at the beginning, not the end.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Again - impressed you're even out, I think I was slurping down snow cones and watching my feet swell while propped up at your stage. In my defence, my babies were watermelons, not mangos! You'rs isn't looking too mango-ish any more either...

julia said...

if it helps, i made jan get me a large cherry slushy as we walked around. mm. and the whole drive home my feet were up in the car and he drove. i read somewhere that walking can help get the baby ready to deliver, so i'm trying to walk as much as i can!

Lenox Family said...

you're almost there!!! i can't wait to see what mango looks like!

Jayci said...

zoos are the greatest!! mark has been wanting to take mont to Anchorage's zoo for 2 weeks now. :P But it's been so rainy!! I'm glad you're out and about and enjoying the last little bit of your pregnancy. I'm so excited for you to be a mother... i'm excited to read about everything you post afterwards and how it all goes. ha ha - i didn't want to be in any pictures then either.. but I bet tired pregnant still looks good on you!